Mastodon support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastodon support?

Now that there is even a forum category - can we expect Mastodon support soon?
    https://community.blog2social.com/fo...5374-fediverse
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/mastodon-support-2/

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

Rest assured, as soon as Mastodon is supported within Blog2Social in a future update, we will be happy to let you know.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

I'd like to be notified in some way once Mastadon is available. Is there a way to ensure that?

Comment

Originally posted by extinctdisney View Post
        I'd like to be notified in some way once Mastadon is available. Is there a way to ensure that?
        Hello,

Thanks for your reply and this feedback

Rest assured, Mastodon will be implemented into Blog2Social in the next update of Blog2Social.
        As soon as Mastodon is available in Blog2Social, we will be happy to let you know as soon as possible via a community reply.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards
        Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by Blog2Social Support View Post
          Rest assured, Mastodon will be implemented into Blog2Social in the next update of Blog2Social.
          As soon as Mastodon is available in Blog2Social, we will be happy to let you know as soon as possible via a community reply.
          I received a new release today but it doesn't appear Mastodon was included as a new network?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and this feedback.

Yes, this is correct. The recently released Blog2Social version is an adjustment release in order to fulfill the required changes to make it compatible with the new WordPress version that will become available shortly.

Rest assured that Mastodon will become available in the next main update of Blog2Social.

This feature will likely include:
            • Mastodon
            • Discord
            • Instagram Reels
            The Blog2Social plugin version that will include these features will be Version 7.1.0.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestion about Blog2SOcial.
            I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
            Alexander

Comment

Thrilled to see this functionality was added. Not so thrilled that you made it Pro only. My site is not revenue generating in any way so paid plugins just aren't an option.

Comment

Originally posted by extinctdisney View Post
                Thrilled to see this functionality was added. Not so thrilled that you made it Pro only. My site is not revenue generating in any way so paid plugins just aren't an option.
                Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply and thanks for this feedback.

I am happy to hear that you were thrilled to see that this network/functionality was added into Blog2Social.
                I will gladly let you know in case the required Blog2Social license for Mastodon can be adjusted.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.
                I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
                Alexander

Comment

• extinctdisney
                  extinctdisney commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just don't have a need for the Pro features. I have a single site, single user, single domain so every other benefit of it are essentially a waste for me.

I was very happy to see that Mastodon support was added! However, every time I try to add Mastodon to my networks, I just get a blank browser window. I tried three different browsers just to be sure.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	110
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	7027

Comment

Originally posted by avdigrimm View Post
                  I was very happy to see that Mastodon support was added! However, every time I try to add Mastodon to my networks, I just get a blank browser window. I tried three different browsers just to be sure.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	4 Size:	183.2 KB ID:	7027

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

Further internal testing has identified the cause of the behavior that is occurring.
                  The Mastodon network is available in Blog2Social starting with the Pro version.

In your current "Smart" license Mastodon is not available. The fact that this network is not grayed out, with the note that it is only available from the Pro version, is a display error and will be adjusted shortly.

Thank you for your comment and bringing attention to this behavior.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.

Best regards
                  Alexander

Comment

Working...
                  X