webp OG images and Linkedin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• webp OG images and Linkedin

Hi, I don't seem to be alone on this but I can't find a direct answer anywhere. WordPress and SEO tools tell us to use webp images where possible so I do. However, Blog2Social posting to LinkedIn doesn't post any image. Is there anything Blog2Social can do about this? I get that Linkedin doesn't support webp, but there must be a solution? A plugin?
    Is there a way to disable the image completely, or use a single fallback image for Linkedin?

SMB tech news, features, reviews, commentary and thought leadership for Australian business
    Last edited by ncaross; 02-14-2023, 10:52 AM.

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

Please note as social media networks decide themselves which image file type is supported and considered by them for post images and link image previews Blog2Social has no influence over this.

I would recommend to work with .jpg or ..png image files in order to make sure to publish your content and links to be visible on all social media networks in the same way.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other question or suggestion about Blog2Social.
    I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Yes, I have the same issue here. I totallly understand that this is a Linkedin fault. It is unbelievable that they cannot support the .webp files.

Nevertheless, it would be great if Blog2Social could have a setting for a default image to post in a specific social network when the featured image isn't supported.

.webp format is here to stay since it performs better. Wordpress automatically converts all of my .jpg and .png files to .webp, so the ability to post in Linkedin is useless nowadays.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and this feedback.

I will gladly add your suggestion for such an option to be able to specify a fallback image for LinkedIn posts in case a .webp image is configured/set in the featured posts tab.
        If and when such a feature can be implemented into Blog2Social we will gladly contact you as soon as possible.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.

Best regards
        Alexander

Comment

Working...
        X