Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot remove duplicate profile (or any profile)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot remove duplicate profile (or any profile)

I accidentally added my personal profile twice to linkedin, resulting in all 5 of my connections being used. I cannot delete any of the connections. I get the message that your posts will be deleted, and I agree to that, but then I get a message:

"Your authorization cannot be removed."

Please advise. Thank you.

Hello Stuart,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

In order to be able to remove a connected social media network in Blog2Social, it would be required to make sure that there is no scheduled post for the individual social media connection.

As soon as you will remove all scheduling for the social media connection you should be able to remove the connection as requested by clicking on the trash icon next to the individual entire.

Please be so kind as to retest this in your WordPress environment and let me know afterward if this solution solved your request or if you require further assistance regarding this matter.
    Also, feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

I was able to delete the scheduled posts but was not able to delete the connection. This request is not resolved.

WordPress 5.8.2 | PHP 7.3.3-1+ubuntu14.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 | nginx/1.12.1 | MySQL 5.6.43-84.3

Comment

Hello Stuart,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for this feedback.

Would you please be so kind as to provide us with a screenshot showing your network overview in Blog2Social? Especially the networks which you can not remove as intended.
        Please also be so kind as to provide us with a screenshot showing your “scheduled posts” tab in your Blog2Social “Site & Blog Content” section.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards
        Alexander

Comment

At the moment there are a large number of scheduled posts because the holidays are coming up and we need to syndicate a lot of content while I, personally, am too busy to create it.

I deleted all content from all 5 Linkedin accounts and still no luck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-11-18 082202.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	3725Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-11-18 082253.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	3726
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Stuart,

Thank you so much for this feedback.

Please note that remaining scheduled posts that are planned for the individual account seem to be blocking the requested deletion.
            You should recheck the scheduled posts.

If you would like to request the removal of all your scheduled posts the IT experts could likely do this step for you via the scheduled queue on the Blog2Social server but this would cause the removal from all your scheduled posts not only the Linkedin related.

Please let me know which solution you would prefer, and I would be happy to support you further.

Best regards
            Alexander

Comment

At this time I suppose I will live with it. Perhaps we can revisit this after the end of 2021.

Comment

I cannot remove duplicate connectios too

Comment

Please help

Comment

Originally posted by mivestuariolaboral View Post
                    Please help
                    Hello,

As mentioned in my previous reply to the question of @Stuart Sweet.

In order to be able to remove a connected social media network in Blog2Social, it would be required to make sure that there is no scheduled post for the individual social media connection.
                    As soon as you will remove all scheduling for the social media connection, you should be able to remove the connection as requested by clicking on the trash icon next to the individual entire.

Please be so kind as to retest this in your WordPress environment and let me know afterward if this solution solved your request or if you require further assistance regarding this matter.

If so, it would be awesome if you could provide us with screenshots showing your shared posts tab as well as a screenshot of your networks overview along with the individual social media profile/account name.

Thank you for your understanding.

Also, feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.

Best regards
                    Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Sweet View Post
                      At this time I suppose I will live with it. Perhaps we can revisit this after the end of 2021.
                      Hello Stuart,

Thank you for your reply.
                      Sure, just let me know whenever you would like to proceed with the adjustments.

For further information, I would also like to recommend the following guide:

The following instructions will guide you through the process of deleting a scheduled post step-by-step:
                      How do I delete already scheduled posts?

Best regards
                      Alexander

Comment

Thank you. At the moment I probably have over 1,500 scheduled posts so unless there is a way to do this en mass, it's not an effective solution for me.

Comment

Hello Stuart,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for this feedback.

I will gladly add your suggestion to be able to filter and removed scheduled posts with bulk options for mass removal to our list for possible future developments.
                          If and when the requested functionality can be implemented into a future update of Blog2Social, we will gladly contact you as soon as possible.

Thank you for this feedback i, it helps us continuously develop and improve Blog2Social.
                          Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2SOcial.

I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
                          Alexander

Comment

I have a similar problem: LinkedIn is connected to the wrong LinkedIn-account due to autofill-activity of my browser. When i delete it and then try to setup the "real" profile it automatically reconnects to the wrong and just deleted account.

How do i convince blog2social to let me connect to the right account?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Plaggenmeier View Post
                              I have a similar problem: LinkedIn is connected to the wrong LinkedIn-account due to autofill-activity of my browser. When i delete it and then try to setup the "real" profile it automatically reconnects to the wrong and just deleted account.

How do i convince blog2social to let me connect to the right account?
                              Hello Tom,

In order to avoid any unwanted autofill activity in your web browser, you should make sure to log out from any active LinkedIn session in your browser and then proceed with the connection process in Blog2Social. This should allow you to log in with the desired account instead of auto-filling the credentials that are already active.

If this does not work as expected you can always choose to work in a private/incognito tab in your web browser. This will have no active session and no leftover cookies/cache.
                              Please be so kind as to retest this case once again with the recommended steps and feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.

I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
                              Alexander

Comment

Working...
                              X