LinkedIn post not showing image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LinkedIn post not showing image

Hi, I would like some help. We're scheduling articles to be posted over our LinkedIn company page, and the posts are being published, however the images are not being displayed on LinkedIN. If I publish an article right away (not scheduled), the image displays perfectly, this issue seems to happen only on scheduled posts, specifically on LinkedIN. Anyone have any ideas what might be happening? I will attach an image to show what the scheduled posts look like when published. Thank you!
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thank you for describing the issue you are facing. I have tested this case on a clean test environment and could not reproduce the issue you are facing.

If the setting of your WordPress timezone is different from your local time or the time you wish to schedule your posts, this could cause a conflict.

It is possible that your WordPress site would not publish the posts yet while Blog2Social is posting your scheduled Linkedin post. This could cause Linkedin not to be able to fetch your image file.

You can check and adjust your timezone settings in your WordPress website and the Blog2Social plugin so both timezone settings are matching each other by following this path:
    1. Open your WordPress website dashboard.
    2. Follow this path: Settings ->General settings -> Timezone
    3. Adjust your specific timezone.
    4. Follow this path: Blog2Social -> Settings -> Personal Time Zone
    5. Adjust your specific timezone so it is matching the configured WordPress timezone.

Afterward, you should be able to schedule your posts to the desired times with an image contained in your Linkedin post.

Please let me know afterward if this solution works for you.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Hi
      I have the same issue with linkedin - but mine occurs when i manually post - or auto schedule

Either way no image being shown - even though it appears on the preview before posting
      KR Andrew

Comment

Hello,

thanks for reaching out. I am glad to support you in this case. Would please be you be so kind to let me know if you have enabled the following function "Add oEmbed tags Info" under "Blog2Social" -> "Settings" -> "Social Meta Data"? Do you use any other plugins that set meta data? When sharing, do you use the "link post" or the "image post" format?
        Also, please send me a link to an original post on your website that does not show an image on LinkedIn when shared.

Thank you and best regards
        Jacqueline
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jacqueline

1. add oEmbed is enabled
          2. when sharing - not sure whether its link post or image post ( sorry)
          3. https://bdolphin.co.uk/news/legal-co...tal-marketers/ example of post where no image shows on linked in

Look forward to your feedback
          KR Andrew

Comment

Hi KR Andrew,

thanks for reaching out.
            LinkedIn is not able to display your post. (See screenshot)
            Please contact your webmaster and make sure LinkedIn can interpret your post.
            To check this you can use the Sharing Debugger for LinkedIn, which we provide via Blog2Social under "help & support " -> "Sharing Debugger".

Thanks a lot and best regards
            Jacqueline
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jacqueline

I have contacted my hosting company and asked the question of them

Have used the debugger tool but unfortunately it displays - below when we run on linked in

"We cannot display a preview for this URL."

Which doesnt really help

KR Andrew

Comment

Hello KR Andrew,

thank you for the feedback.
                The message from LinkedIn is as follows (See screenshot).
                This error means the following: The HTTP 403 is a HTTP status code meaning access to the requested resource is forbidden. The server understood the request, but will not fulfill it due to client-related issues. IIS defines non standard "sub-status" error codes that provide a more specific reason for responding with the 403 status code.

Please make sure that you do not forbid access to the requested resource.

Thank you and best regards
                Jacqueline
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X