Instagram Images not resizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instagram Images not resizing

Since I started using Blog2Social I have been able to share photos to my instagram feed but the feed looks terrible. The photos are not resizing/cropping to fit the social media format. They are large enough to meet the requirements but some are vertical and some are horizontal. The images have tons of white space around them. If I have to go in and edit each image just for instagram that defeats the purpose of AUTO POSTING.

Please help.
    JKS

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.
    Have you checked your configuration in your Instagram network templates?

There you can configure settings for the cutting/cropping as well as for the frame color if one should be used:

You can configure this option for every WordPress user separately that is activated with your license key and has Instagram connected to it.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to configure and work with network post templates in Blog2Social:
    How to use post templates for social media posts?

If this does not resolve your case as expected:

Would you please be so kind as to provide us with the URL of the WordPress post that you shared as well as with the published Instagram post, so we could look further into this case for you?

This information would be helpful in order to be able to support you as good as possible with your request.
    Thank you for your effort and understanding.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Hi.

Instagram has, as far as I know, three image size formats:
      • Square: 1080 x 1080 pixels
      • Landscape: 1080 x 608 pixels
      • Portrait: 1080 x 1350 pixels
      ​How do set up Blog2social to automatically (or me manually) chose the best format of the three available? This is possible in other similar services, for instance the SocialPilot, and works well. I really want to publish landscape photos without B2S:s unnecessary masking.

Comment

Originally posted by jan.palmen View Post
        Hi.

Instagram has, as far as I know, three image size formats:
        • Square: 1080 x 1080 pixels
        • Landscape: 1080 x 608 pixels
        • Portrait: 1080 x 1350 pixels
        ​How do set up Blog2social to automatically (or me manually) chose the best format of the three available? This is possible in other similar services, for instance the SocialPilot, and works well. I really want to publish landscape photos without B2S:s unnecessary masking.
        Hello Jan,

Thank you for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

You can divide by yourself which format you would like to share.
        You can specify in the post templates Blog2Social if you want to share an image file with an “image with frame” or a “cut out”.

If you choose "Image with frame" your images will be scaled or cropped proportionally. Vertical images will default to white borders on the sides of the picture. Alternatively, you can use the "Frame color" picker to select a different color for the frame.

If you choose "Image cut out" Blog2Social displays your image in your feed as a square.

I would suggest checking both option with different posts in Blog2Social in order to determine with which option you like to work with.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to configure and work with post templates in Blog2Social:
        How to use post templates for social media posts?

Section: Instagram

Best regards
        Alexander

Comment

How do I crop/cutout to the instagram format landscape: 1080 x 608 pixels without a frame?

Comment

Originally posted by jan.palmen View Post
            How do I crop/cutout to the instagram format landscape: 1080 x 608 pixels without a frame?
            Hello Jan,

Thank you for your reply and this feedback.
            I think there is a misunderstanding.

You can share landscape images with Blog2Social on Instagram without any issues. There is nothing that needs to be fixed in Blog2Social.

Please take a look at the following screenshots as a reference:

Post preview in Blog2Social:

Published landscape post with Blog2Social on Instagram (with expand view):

I would suggest rechecking the sharing process of image posts on Instagram. Make sure to use the image post format for your post.
            Thank you for your effort.

Best regards
            Alexander​

Comment

Working...
            X