Unable to Login to Instagram using a Facebook account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Login to Instagram using a Facebook account

My Instagram account was created from Facebook, so it only has an FB login. I can login to the mobile and the website using these credentials. I've pasted the login form below in case that helps answer the question.

When I use the Facebook login I get the following error:

Click image for larger version

Name:	blog2social-fb-login-error.png
Views:	725
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	448
    Please advise. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	instagram-login.png
Views:	341
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	447

Hello,
    Thank you for reaching out.

To be able to connect Blog2Social to your Instagram account it is required to use the Instagram username and the specific password. Please be so kind and follow the following steps to connect your Instagram account properly:
    1. Log in to Instagram with your mobile device and click on your account picture on the lower right of the Instagram app.
    2. Please click on the menu button on the upper right. This will open the app sidebar. On top of the sidebar menu you will see your Instagram username. Please use this username instead of the email address to connect Blog2Social.
    If this still does not work, try to change the password of your Instagram account so you have a dedicated password for this account. Instead of using the Facebook password.

You can do this easily by following this path:
    Instagram -> Your account -> Sidebar Menu -> Settings -> Security -> Password. By clicking on “Password” an email will be sent with a link to reset your password.

Please switch to your WordPress website afterwards and try to connect your Instagram account with the Instagram username and the Instagram password.

Please let me know if this solution works for you.

Best regards

Comment

Hello!

Thanks for answering so quickly. Your advice worked perfectly. Thank you!

Using your instructions I logged into the Instagram mobile app and added a password to the specific Instagram account, then logged out. Then I connected Blog2Social to the Instagram account and it was successful.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply. I am happy to hear that this instruction did help you solve the connection to your Instagram account.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about Blog2Social.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Working...
        X