Instagram "Professional Account" also has stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instagram "Professional Account" also has stopped working

I have both a personal and professional Instagram account, and the "professional" account that I've been using with Blog2Social recently stopped working with Instagram. I understand personal accounts are no longer supported, but I see no mention of professional accounts, just business and creator accounts. Is this part of the recent change, so now my professional account will no longer work, as well as my personal account???

I believe "professional account" and "business account" are supposed to be synonymous.
    https://www.facebook.com/business/help/502981923235522

But my "professional account' also doesn't work. Most frustrating.

Comment

Just putting this here in case it helps someone.

- I deleted the existing business network connection on the plugin page for Instagram.
      - Then I had to go to the Instagram tab (on the Facebook page) and Review and Confirm the connection.
      - Reconnected the network on the plugin

After that I was able to post successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by dkaimone View Post
        I have both a personal and professional Instagram account, and the "professional" account that I've been using with Blog2Social recently stopped working with Instagram. I understand personal accounts are no longer supported, but I see no mention of professional accounts, just business and creator accounts. Is this part of the recent change, so now my professional account will no longer work, as well as my personal account???
        Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.
        Would you please be so kind as to answer a few short questions so I could look further into this for you?

Which account type is your professional Instagram account? Please note that the official Facebook API currently only supports Instagram Business accounts. Creator accounts are different from Business accounts and currently there is no option to add this Instagram account type in Blog2Social.

However, if you don’t have an Instagram Business account yet, you can easily convert your Instagram Personal account or Creator account into a Business account (see below). You can then connect or reconnect your Instagram Business account with Blog2Social.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to solve all common issues related to connecting Instagram with Blog2Social:
        Connecting Instagram - Things to check
        How do I connect Blog2Social with my Instagram Business Account?

Please let me know afterward if these solutions worked for you or if you require further assistance related to this request.

Best regards
        Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by starrener View Post
          Just putting this here in case it helps someone.

- I deleted the existing business network connection on the plugin page for Instagram.
          - Then I had to go to the Instagram tab (on the Facebook page) and Review and Confirm the connection.
          - Reconnected the network on the plugin

After that I was able to post successfully.
          Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for sharing this valuable information.
          It could help other community members with a similar request.

You proceeded correctly to remove and reconnect the connection. This is reset process is also explained in detail at:

Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.

I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
          Alexander

Comment

Alexander,

I guess my concern is that my professional account was interfacing with both Blog2Social and Instagram successfully until the change, but now to get that single feature added to what I have now I'm being asked to pay $69/year. The plugin is not worth that much for me, especially since I was having to work around a lot of error messages when trying to post. Is there no way to apply this feature to the free plugin (as it worked before), or charge significantly less to add this single thing into the free plugin?

If not, I'll look elsewhere.

David

Originally posted by Blog2Social Support View Post

Hello,

Would you please be so kind as to answer a few short questions so I could look further into this for you?

Which account type is your professional Instagram account? Please note that the official Facebook API currently only supports Instagram Business accounts. Creator accounts are different from Business accounts and currently there is no option to add this Instagram account type in Blog2Social.

However, if you don’t have an Instagram Business account yet, you can easily convert your Instagram Personal account or Creator account into a Business account (see below). You can then connect or reconnect your Instagram Business account with Blog2Social.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to solve all common issues related to connecting Instagram with Blog2Social:
            How do I connect Blog2Social with my Instagram Business Account?

Please let me know afterward if these solutions worked for you or if you require further assistance related to this request.

Best regards
            Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by dkaimone View Post
              Alexander,

I guess my concern is that my professional account was interfacing with both Blog2Social and Instagram successfully until the change, but now to get that single feature added to what I have now I'm being asked to pay $69/year. The plugin is not worth that much for me, especially since I was having to work around a lot of error messages when trying to post. Is there no way to apply this feature to the free plugin (as it worked before), or charge significantly less to add this single thing into the free plugin?

If not, I'll look elsewhere.

David
              Hello David,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for clarifying.

Please note that this decision was not made by Blog2Social. As an accredited Instagram partner, we are obliged to provide the current official interface for Instagram Business accounts only.
              Therefore, the personal Instagram connection (which also supported professional accounts) was discontinued and removed in Blog2Social.

As a compensation, we offer you a special discount of 30% on all upgrades to Premium versions (including Instagram Business) with the following code: instabusiness (valid for one year)

The current 30% discount is a unique upgrade discount, valid for Free users to upgrade to premium versions of Blog2Social to continue using Blog2Social for Instagram Business Accounts.
              So, this is a limited offer for new upgrades only.

Sorry for this inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.
              I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
              Alexander

Comment

Hello I have the same issue, I tried to delete Instagram and Re-add it however clicking the delete icon doesn't do anything for me. IG doesn't delete.

Video of me unable to delete IG https://youtu.be/ic1upgo6acw

Comment

Originally posted by TeleRealRD View Post
                  Hello I have the same issue, I tried to delete Instagram and Re-add it however clicking the delete icon doesn't do anything for me. IG doesn't delete.

Video of me unable to delete IG https://youtu.be/ic1upgo6acw
                  Hello,

There are multiple possible reasons which could lead to the occurring behavior that you are currently facing.

Would you please be so kind as to try to delete the connection in a private//incognito tab in your browser without any interfering browser add-on?
                  If this does not help as expected, you could try to re-install the Blog2Social WordPress plugin, since an installation issue could be causing this behavior.

If both of these steps fail to solve the occurring behavior, I would suggest checking and disable your other external third party plugins temporary since something in your WordPress environment is interfering with the Blog2Social WordPress plugin.

Please be so kind as to check the mentioned steps and let me know afterward if this solution solved your request.

Thank you for your understanding.
                  I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
                  Alexander

Comment

Working...
                  X