Instagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instagram

Hi there. I'm trying out your plug in as it's one of the only ones that works with instagram. However I cannot connect the account.
    I have read all of your troubleshooting guides and blog posts/replies and I have tried every step, methodically and repeatedly.
    But no matter what I try, I still keep getting "Sign up failed. Please check your login."
    I'm definitely interested in committing to your plugin and paying for the pro version too, but only if I can get instagram to connect.
    The only thing I can possible think of is that where you have mentioned
    Step 2
    First, check if you have entered all necessary information like your birthdate and your phone number.
    My birthday doesn't come up as my instagram account is connected to my facebook artist page. my phone number is there tho...
    Last edited by howzitgarn; 06-10-2020, 08:02 PM.

Hello Howzitgarn,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please answer these questions for me, so I can look further into this:

1. Do you use separate login data to log into Instagram or do you use the login via Facebook?

2. Is your Two-Factor Authentication active? If yes, please deactivate it and try to connect again.

3. Did you ever get the message from Instagram that a server from Germany by Cologne area is trying to access your account? This is due to the fact that the Blog2Social server is located there. It's just a security notice to make sure the access is safe. Please confirm the access with 'That was me', so that you can connect Instagram to Blog2Social. If you ever got this message and have not clicked that it was you, please let us know so we can reset the connection.

I’m looking forward to your answer.

Thanks and kind regards,
    Britta

Comment

Hi there Britta and thanks for your reply!

1. Do you use separate login data to log into Instagram or do you use the login via Facebook?

Yes. I do have the accounts connected (i.e. instagram - to my facebook page), but I have a separate log in for both.

2. Is your Two-Factor Authentication active? If yes, please deactivate it and try to connect again.

No. I have never activated this.

3. Did you ever get the message from Instagram that a server from Germany by Cologne area is trying to access your account? This is due to the fact that the Blog2Social server is located there. It's just a security notice to make sure the access is safe. Please confirm the access with 'That was me', so that you can connect Instagram to Blog2Social. If you ever got this message and have not clicked that it was you, please let us know so we can reset the connection.

No. I have never received this message.

I just tried logging out of instagram on laptop and phone again and tried to reconnect, still no luck.
      Have also logged into wordpress on different browsers too to see if that would make any difference.

Cheers

Comment

Hello Howzitgarn,

Thank you for your reply.

Please be so kind and verify your email address in your Instagram App. If this does not help please change your email address in your Instagram account and verify it. As soon as you receive the verification email from Instagram you should receive the necessary verification code to authorize Instagram in Blog2Social while connecting your account.

Please let me know if this solution works for you.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Hi there. Thanks for your message. I've searched online, but I can't see any info on how to verify an email address in instagram that's already verified. I receive emails from them from time to time. But nothing about Cologne.
          Before I go resetting my email address in instagram (as I'll just have to change it back afterwards to the business email I need to have in there), I'm not sure where I would enter any verification code that came with a potential instagram email reset in your blog2social Networks connection page? There are only two things to enter: username and password. So I'm confused, Cheers

Comment

Hi there. As I've not heard back I've had to delete your plug in and find another solution.

Comment

Hi,
              have a look here, please:
              https://www.blog2social.com/en/faq/i...ight=instagram

Have you tried all these steps, yet? Logout from Instagram, please and also from your cell phone. Do not log in with Facebook and follow the steps exactly as described in the FAQ, please.
              Best
              Andreas

Comment

Working...
              X