Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with posting a foto on Instagram

Hello everybody,

we have a question about a problem sharing a post on Instagram and hope that someone here can help us.

On behalf of a customer, we occasionally create posts on their WordPress site that contain 3 to 4 photos. We then share these by selecting one of the photos with the help of the Blog2Social plugin on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

This has always worked flawlessly so far, but the recently shared post posted a different photo on Instagram than we had chosen! In contrast, the correct photo was displayed on Facebook and Twitter!

We tracked the error with Instagram again and this annoying phenomenon came up again: when we tried again, we deliberately only posted on Instagram and again, Blog2Social simply placed a different photo on Instagram in the post, not the correct preset. This is very annoying!

How can that be?

Could it be a bug in the Blog2Social plugin?

Unfortunately, our research on this problem on the Internet and in your knowledge database did not bring us any further.

We would be very grateful for your help!

Many Thanks
    GREAT PIXELS Media Design

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out

I have tried to reproduce the described behavior within Blog2Social but so far I was unable to reproduce this issue.

Therefore it is likely that no general issue is occurring within Blog2Social and the described behavior is WordPress website environment-related.
    If this did not happen in the past it is possible that a change in your website settings or adjusted plugin configurations within external third-party plugins could cause this.

In some cases also updated external third-party plugins can cause such behavior unintentionally due to conflicts incompatibility or limiting processes.
    Please be so kind as to check all other external third-party plugins that could have an impact on images like caching, optimization, SEO, and content management plugins.

Please refrain from configuring Open Graph settings in SEO Tools/Themes and in Blog2Social, as social media networks may read and display the wrong images or even output no image. This is due to interactions between different configurations that are simultaneously stored in the code of your website.

With multiple Open Graph settings, it can lead to the behavior you describe.
    Please let me know afterward if this solution solved your request.

I am looking forward to your reply.

If you like Blog2Social and our support, we would be very happy about a 5-star rating on WordPress.org.
    Link: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin...iews/?filter=5

Thank you very much and best regards

Alexander

Comment

Working...
    X