Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B2S not posting to Google My Business Page (but does post to all other socials)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2S not posting to Google My Business Page (but does post to all other socials)

I have used this plugin on 2 sites - both of them do not post to Google My Business.

Both businesses are 100% registered and located with Google.

Both accounts are added and verified in the plugin.

There are no errors or logs under "Notifications".

Site 1 is: https://blog.linitx.com/
    Site 2 is: https://www.multithread.co.uk/

Both of these posts are under "Create Social Media Posts" and in the "image" post section (they are not blog posts).

These are quick updates and it's essential we have this functionality - it works with Fbook, Twit, Insta and LinkedIn - but not Google.

If you're going to tell me it can't post this way, you are incorrect - I already use a plugin that posts to Google in this exact way.

Please fix ASAP or let me know if there is a configuration problem.

Many thanks,

Jamie

Hello Jamie,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for providing these details.

Would you please be so kind and follow these steps:
    1. Open the “Create Social Media Posts” function inside Blog2Social.
    2. Choose an image post like you intended.
    3. Choose to share your post immediately.
    4. Click on “Customize and schedule”
    5. Check the post preview in the Google Business Section. If you do not see this network you can click on Google My Business Entry on the right sidebar list.You can also save this selection as another network collection if necessary.
    6. Click on share afterwards. There should be a link shown that leads to your post after the sharing is done.
    Please create a screenshot if you encounter any error notification while sharing.

Furthermore, the following guides will help you with common issues related to connecting your Google My Business account and sharing content to it:
    Connecting Google My Business - Things to check
    How to share your blog posts on Google My Business automatically

Please double-check the mentioned steps precisely and also check if all requirements are fulfilled.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I have been on holiday.

I have tried those steps and it worked - so basically I just have to go into the schedule post part and not press "Share now" for all of them together?

That's fine, I can work with that.

Jamie

Comment

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for your reply.

I am glad to hear that you were successfully able to share your content on your Google My Business Page.

In general, you can press the “Share now” button as soon as you would like to share your content if you already have all social media networks in your network collection. If you would like to include additional networks to that selection or to exclude networks from that list you can press on the “Customize and Schedule” button to be able to do the necessary modifications before sharing.

The following instructions will guide you through the process of creating and using network collection step-by-step with Blog2Social:

How can I save a specific selection of networks?

Please let me know if you have any other questions about Blog2Social.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

This is my issue, too. Google My Business is connected, but Share an Image post feature will not post to it automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by kandace View Post
            This is my issue, too. Google My Business is connected, but Share an Image post feature will not post to it automatically.
            Hello Kandace,

Thank you so much for reaching out.

Have you checked Blog2Social for error notifications?
            If not, Blog2Social has a specific section for notifications, if a post fails to be shared or encounters an issue you will see an entry in the notification list of Blog2Social.

You can find it by following this path:
            Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social -> Site & Blog Content -> Notifications -> Details

There you should see the notifications related to the failed Google My Business posts. Please be so kind as to provide us with screenshots showing these individual notifications. It would be awesome if you could include a link to the WordPress post that you wanted to share on Google my Business so I could look further into this for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Working...
            X