Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No picture in post?

Hi,

After sharing on Google, it seems that the post does not contain an picture. Is this by design? Google does support to include a picture in the post.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out.

In general it is possible to add a featured picture of your WordPress post as the post Image of your Google My Business post.

You can find an awesome step by step guide at:

How to share your blog posts on Google My Business automatically

To be able to look further into this for you it would be awesome if you could send me a link to a post that was containing an image but was posted on Google My Business without the configured image. Please also send the link to the post on Google My Business.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Hi,

Thank you.

The post is https://www.datanumen.com/blogs/how-...s-excel-files/

It has one image. But I have not set the featured image for the post. I think normally Blog2Social will share the post and grab the first image.

The post on Google is: https://local.google.com/place?id=16...92525966274496, as you can see, it does not have a picture.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply. The social networks require a predefined featured image as the image that will be shared as the regular social media post image. If the image is not defined, the networks will grab a random image or no image.

In Blog2Social you can define the image that will be shared with your post.

Please have a look at the following guide about sharing images on social media at:
        How to share individual images on social media?

Have you checked, if you see the image that should be shared with your post in the post preview section of Blog2Social?

To display an image, it is also important to meet the image size requirement of the networks.

Please note that all social media networks have different image size requirements. The resolution, the filesize and the format are all important to get the best result for the image of your social media post.

Recommended image attributes for Google My Business:

Post image Size: 800 x 600 px (pixels)
        Article image File format: jpg or png
        File size max.: 2 MB
        Image ratio (format): 4:3

Please let me know if this works out for you or if you have any other questions about Blog2Social.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Hi,

I try to change the image to a new one with the recommended dimension, then the Google My Business post will contain image.

The problem is, in the image management UI, you said you will resize the image to meet the requirement, as below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Auto-Google-Business.png
Views:	133
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	690
          But it seems that it does not do so, otherwise, the image will not be rejected.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Would you please be so kind and tell me:

Was your post declined by Google My Business because of the image resolution? In general it is always recommended to upload resized pictures as the featured image of a post so you can share it to any social media network you like. The automatic image resizing works network specific.

If a post fails to be shared you will see an entry in the notification list of Blog2Social. You can find it by following this path:

Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social -> Site & Blog Content -> Notifications -> Details

Do you have entries in that list related to Google My Business?

Blog2Social adapts the image format to the requirement of the networks. However, the images have to meet the general requirements for the file size and resolution as suggested.

You can upload images that are matching the required resolution.

You could use a free online tool for this:

Crop, resize images in JPEG|PNG|GIF format to the exact pixels or proportion you specified, compress them to reduce the file sizes, making it easy to use them as your desktop wallpaper, Facebook cover photo, Twitter profile photo, avatar icons, etc.

We recommend to use an image compression tool on your website, such as:

Smaller Images, Faster Sites, Happier Visitors. Comprehensive image optimization that doesn't require a degree in rocket science.

This will help you to compress uploaded images to an optimal size.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Comment

Working...
            X