Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Posting To Facebook it Posts to 'all" pages instead of just the one selected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Posting To Facebook it Posts to 'all" pages instead of just the one selected

Hello,

Maybe someone could help point me in the right direction. I have my Facebook social media account setup:

Robert McVey
    - Page: Hey RV Guys
    - Page: Hey RV Guys - IA
    - Page: Hey RV Guys - Workamper Jobs

I have successfully been able to get Blog2Social to connect no problem there. When I go to:

1. All Posts
    2. Select the post to Share on Social Media
    3. It brings up the Post to share and has the lists of pages to the right that is (by default selected)
    Example
    Robert McVey Profile | Facebook
    Hey RV Guys Page | Facebook
    Hey RV Guys - Workamper Jobs | Facebook
    4. "Un-select" the the profile/pages I do not want it to post to by removing the green checks
    5. Click on the green Share button

It successfully publishes the post. No problem there however it continues to publish it all Pages (Hey RV Guys, Hey RV Guys - IA, Hey RV Guys - Workamper Jobs) instead of just the one selected.

In the Social Media Networks I created my Connect Profile. Then created the three pages:

1. Clicked on Connect Page
    2. Made sure I was logged in with my account
    3. Clicked on Continue as Robert McVey
    4. What Groups do you want to use with Blog2Social (API) I un-selected all of them.
    5. What Pages do you want to use with Blog2Social (API) I select "the individual page I want"
    EXAMPLE: Just the Hey RV Guys" so it is the only one checked
    6. Leave the default Blog2Social (API) Settings

I do this setup for each of the pages so they are individual. However as stated above I go to select a post and just "one" of those Facebook Social Accounts so only one has the green check mark and click the share button it posts to all pages instead of just the one. Then I have to go back and delete from the other pages since it is not related.

Can someone point me in the right direction of what I have done wrong?

Thanks for your time and assistance,

Robert McVey
    Email: robert.mcvey@heyrvguys.net

Hello Robert,

Thanks for reaching out and for your detailed description.

Since I cannot reproduce your described behavior in a clean test environment it seems to be caused somewhere on your website (for example by another plugin or theme) or in your browser.

An easy way to check if another plugin is causing this on your website is to use the “Health Check & Troubleshooting” plugin from WordPress.
    This plugin is intended for such cases and will perform a number of checks on your WordPress installation to detect common configuration errors and known issues, and also allows plugins and themes to add their own checks.
    With the “Health Check & Troubleshooting” plugin you can simulate to deactivate all plugins except Blog2Social and activate one after the other to see which plugin causes your request.

If this does not solve your request I would recommend checking the plugins of your browser or try using another browser (without plugins) to figure out what is causing this.

Please let me know if it works for you afterwards or if you have further questions.

Best regards

Benedikt
    Last edited by Blog2Social Support; 12-15-2022, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Hi Benedikt,

I've attempted your suggestion of using the "Health Check & Troubleshooting" plugin. However I got the same results with all my plug-in disabled.

So still trying to figure out what/how to resolve this after trial and error I have found:

SCENARIO I
      If I create three Facebook page connections per profile it seems that it will post on two of the three pages consistently. Not sure if there is some sort of limit.

SCENARIO II
      If I only create two Facebook page connections per profile it will now post only to the one selected. (However this has led to another issue that it is posting it twice instead of just once.)

Thanks,

Robert

Comment

Hello Robert,

Thank you so much for your reply and this feedback.

Would you please be so kind as to provide us with a screenshot showing your networks overview in Blog2Social?

Please make sure to show there all your connected Facebook connections, so we could look further into this case for you.
        Also create such a screenshot for all of your created social media account collections/profiles.

If possible it would be really helpful if you could provide us with a short video screen recording where you show us your network connections and profiles and how you proceed to share your content in Blog2Social, so we can follow your steps in order to support you as good as possible.

Thank you for your effort and understanding.
        I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
        Alexander

Comment

Hi Alexander, I can't seem to upload a .zip or .mp4 file. How would you like me to get the video screen recording to you?

Thanks,

Robert

Comment

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your reply and this feedback.

You can upload this screen recording to any cloud service you use like “Google Drive” or “Dropbox” and share us the URL.

Or you can choose any file upload/transfer service that you prefer like “WeTransfer”.
            You can also provide us the link via a private message in the community to protect your privacy

Thank you for your effort.

Best regards
            Alexander

Comment

Hi Alexander,

Not sure where I go to find the "link via a privet message" I don't think there is any privacy concerns so

Try this to my DropBox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ooov8hqkq...GleQlaZSa?dl=0

Thanks,

Comment

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your reply and this feedback.
                I checked your screenshots and this behavior seems to be unusual, so far I was unable to reproduce this on a clean test environment.

Therefor I would suggest the following steps:
                1. Remove the Facebook connections from your network overview in Blog2Social completely and reconnect them afterward. As soon as this is done you could try to share a post to the desired post afterward.
                2. In case the previous step did not resolve the behavior, I would suggest removing the connections once again and then de-install the Blog2Social plugin from your WordPress website and remove all leftover Database entries of the Blog2Social plugin in your Database. In case you are unsure how to do this step it is recommended to reach out to your hosting provider to get this step done for you. As soon as this is done you can re-install the Blog2Social plugin and once again reconnect the desired networks in Blog2Social. Afterward you can retry the sharing process.

These tables are usually in your Database while using Blog2Social:

Also make sure to re-activate your WordPress user with your Blog2Social license key after re-installing the Blog2Social plugin.

Feel free to let me know if these steps resolved your request or if you require further assistance regarding this matter

Thank you for your effort and understanding.

Best regards
                Alexander

Comment

Hi Alexander,

Well, Plan C? I have un-actived and then uninstalled Blog2Social and deleted the above databases. I then re-installed and activated the Blog2Social plugin. Setup my profile and 3 page connections. Attempted to post an article to Hey RV Guys and was told that I did not have permission. Went back and deleted that connection and re-created again. Was then able to post it however it posted it on two of the three connections. I'm just so lost as to what I'm doing wrong or why this is working this way. I could not have it schedule posts if I wanted to as it would post them in the wrong pages.

Any other suggestions I would be grateful and appreciate your time helping with this issue.

Robert

Comment

Hello Robert,

Thanks for your response.

May I ask you if it’s possible to provide us with a guest account with admin rights on your website?

If you want us to check this on your website, please be so kind as to provide us with a temporary guest account with admin rights for your website. We will, of course, treat your information as confidential. Rest assured, we will use this data for tests only. You can delete the account as soon as our tests are complete.
                    Please be so kind as to send these information via private message that I have sent you.

I’m looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Yes, I sent them via the comment from your Website. Still not sure how to securely send stuff to you from the blog.

Comment

Hello Robert,

Thanks for your reply.

Rest assured, we have received and answered your email. Please also check the spam folder of your email system regarding this answer.

I’m looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Working...
                        X