Facebook not getting all information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook not getting all information

I use this to post to FB and Twitter at the same time. As of yesterday, everything looks the same on the page where I share, but the picture and title are not forwarding to FB there are going to Twitter just fine. I am having to manually edit the FB post. Has something changed? Is this a known issue?

Here is the posting screen and the resulting post with no title or picture
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out, and thanks for describing your request.

Would you please be so kind as to provide us with the link to your WordPress post that you shared on Facebook?
      Which plugin do you use to implement your Open Graph settings in your WordPress environment?

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to configure and work with open graph settings in Blog2Social:
      What are open graph tags and what do I use them for?
      What are OG Open Graph Tags for Facebook?

Please also attach a screenshot of your Open Graph configuration that you configured in Blog2Social.
      You can locate these settings in the Social Meta Data tab in the Blog2Social plugin settings.

Thank you for your effort and understanding.
      I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
      Alexander

Comment

Thanks for responding.
        Sieh dir auf Facebook Beiträge, Fotos und vieles mehr an.

That is the link to the company page where we post. The last 6 or so posts had this issue. I already edited them and added the picture since I can't leave it up without one. I hope that does not mess up things for you. I am attaching what I think are the things you asked for,as well as an example of one I had to manually add a picture to. The title did not transfer either. As far as what plugin, I have no idea. It just says Blog2Social

Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply and the provided screenshots.

I checked your website source code and noticed that your website has two active plugins that set Open Graph parameter in your website envrionment.

As you can see on this screenshot you currently use Yoast SEO Premium plugin and some other plugin to set these values.
          Please try to use only one plugin to insert these metadata settings in your WordPress environment.

Your source code does not look like Blog2Social is implementing any social metadata since this is usually marked with the HTML comment:
          <!-- Open Graph Meta Tags generated by Blog2Social 699 - https://www.blog2social.com

Please note that duplicated Open Graph values should be avoided in order to prevent any unwanted behavior within social media networks.

Make sure to only have one WordPress plugin implementing Open Graph meta-tags in your website source code. Otherwise, it is possible that social media networks will display the wrong image, title, description in your social media posts unintentionally.

You can read more about it at:
          Link Preview - Troubleshooting checklist and solutions for setting Open Graph Tags
          What are open graph tags and what do I use them for?

Please be so kind as to retest the sharing process once again afterward with a WordPress post that was never shared on Facebook before and let me know if this solution solved your request or if you require further assistance regarding this matter.

Best regards
          Alexander

Comment

Hey I am not sure how to fix this. I did not add any plugins or make any changes between when this worked and when it stopped working.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply and the feedback.
              Please note that so far I was unable to reproduce this behavior on a clean WordPress testing environment with only the Blog2Social Open Graph settings active.

Unfortunately this seems to be a local/environmental related behavior caused in your own WordPress environment. Therefore Blog2Social has no influence over this occurring behavior, and you should continue with the recommended steps in order to detect which plugin is overwriting these Open Graph metadata in your website source code.

Afterward you can proceed to share a WordPress post that was never shared on social media before in order to test and verify the general functionality in Blog2Social.

Thank you for your effort and understanding.

Best regards
              Alexander

Comment

Working...
              X