Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Featured Image not replaced when changed for scheduled post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Featured Image not replaced when changed for scheduled post?

Issue: Use "Share your WP post, page or product". Then change the image. The new image doesn't post to Facebook. The "featured image" is what posts. Image attached.

Repro:
    1. B2S within Wordpress Dashboard
    2. Click calendar & add post on future date
    3. select "share your WP post...
    4. select a post with a Featured Image
    5. Change the image.
    6 Schedule for future across networks.

Expected: Facebook post pushed the article post but with a different image.
    Actual: Facebook post pushes the original featured image.

Note: Once the post is live, I can not see what was originally in the edit fields. Clicking takes to the live post. So I have two tests set up f for 3/19 and 3/20. See attached. Click image for larger version

Name:	B2S-Bug.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	4693

Upcoming Tests:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	B2S-Test1.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	4694Click image for larger version

Name:	B2S-Test2.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	4695

Hello Benita,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

Would you please be so kind as to provide us with a URL of your WordPress post that you shared on Facebook?
    Please also attach the URL of the Facebook link that was published with the wrong picture, and also make sure to attach this image to your reply, so we can check this case further for you.

The following three step-by-step guides will show you how to solve common issues in relation to the URL post preview:
    When I post to Facebook, no image or the wrong image appears in my post. Why?
    Link Preview - Troubleshooting checklist and solutions for setting Open Graph Tags
    What are open graph tags and what do I use them for?

Also, there are interferences of the used post formats. Please check the following guide for further information:
    Social Media Post Formats - The differences between Image Post and Link Post
    How do I select the post-type of my Facebook posts?

This can be also configured in the network post templates, so you should also consider checking your configuration there as well.
    Please be so kind as to check these guides and retest the sharing process once again afterward with a post that was never shared or scheduled beforehand.

Thank you for your effort and understanding.
    I am looking forward t your reply.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Hello Support,

I captured a video showing the issue. I believe it's a bug. The FB posts the image that is on the original post, not the image the image that is loaded. Video here: https://vimeo.com/690369687/d9acfd5c2f Thank you for reviewing.

Comment

Hello Benita,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for providing the requested video screen capture.

It looks like it might be an issue in relation to the cached version of your link preview on Facebook and or your individual website caching settings.
        To display a link preview of your post, Facebook takes the information it needs from the OG (open graph) parameters defined in the metadata of this post on your website.

If you have already shared a post on Facebook and have changed the image in the meantime, Facebook might not have recognized the change.
        Facebook and other social media networks are not syncing their previews in real time and perform this by themselves in more random time frames.

To make sure Facebook reads the correct image parameters, please check the URL of your post with the Facebook Sharing Debugger: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/sharing

With the Sharing Debugger, you can see the information that is used when your website content is shared on Facebook. This is how you can refresh this information for any URL:
        1. Copy-paste the URL of the original blog post
        2. Click on "Debug"
        3. You will receive the information Facebook last scraped for this URL.
          Click on "Scrape again" to refresh this information.

If you now share your blog post with Blog2Social again, the image should appear correctly in your Facebook post.
        Please retest the sharing process after re-scraping the shared link as described above.

You could also try to use the option for instant caching if this is active in your environment.
        What is Instant Caching and why do I need it?

To make sure that Facebook always pulls the current meta data of your blog post for link-posts, Blog2Social adds a "no_cache=1" parameter to the post URL when instant caching is activated. To activate or deactivate instant caching for Facebook, click on the Blog2Social “Networks” section that you find on the upper or the left-hand navigation bar: Blog2Social>Networks.

Click on the “Edit Post Format” button right-hand of your Facebook connection.

Please note: If you use varnish caching or another kind of caching on your website, make sure to activate instant caching. This will make sure that Facebook processes the current meta data of your blog post defined for the link-post format. If you don’t activate instant caching, Facebook may pull old meta data from your blog post.

Please also be so kind as to retest the sharing process once again with a new WordPress post that was never shared before on Facebook and check the shared post.

As a third workaround option, you could also change the published post format to an image post. This also allows you to automatically implement a URL to your post by enabling this option as well in the post templates for your Facebook pages. Just click on “Pages” next to the “Profile” or “Group” option.

You can specify the post format as well in the mentioned post template for your Facebook pages.

Please be so kind as to try sharing a new Facebook post with the following post templates configuration:
        Type: Pages
        Format: Image
        Option: Instant Caching (only if required)
        Option: Add a link-URL to the end of my image post.

You can read more in detail about post templates at:
        How to use post templates for social media posts?

Feel free to let me know afterward if the suggested solutions solved your request, or if you require further assistance regarding this matter.

Thank you for your effort and understanding.
        I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
        Alexander

Comment

Thanks Alexander, I will give these three options a try. Very much appreciate the thorough response / screen shots and quick response.

Comment

Hello Benita,

Thank you so much for your reply and this feedback.

I am so happy to hear that I could support you with your request.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.
            I will gladly support you further.

If you like Blog2Social and our support, we would greatly appreciate a 5-star rating on WordPress.org.
            Link: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin...iews/?filter=5

Best regards
            Alexander

Comment

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is not relevant, but I wasn't sure how to start a new thread.

I am using Blog2Social Pro and was wondering if anyone knows how to (maybe html) connect the users image (WordPress) as the image that is going to be used on Blog2Social autoposting?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Mhallatu View Post
                Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is not relevant, but I wasn't sure how to start a new thread.

I am using Blog2Social Pro and was wondering if anyone knows how to (maybe html) connect the users image (WordPress) as the image that is going to be used on Blog2Social autoposting?

Thanks in advance!
                Hello Max,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for your interest in Blog2Social.

Currently, there is no option available that would allow such a functionality in Blog2Social by default.

I will gladly add your suggestion to be able to connect the users image (WordPress) as the image that is going to be used on Blog2Social autoposting.

If and when the requested feature could be implemented in a future update of Blog2Social, we will gladly contact you as soon as possible.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.

I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
                Alexander

Comment

Working...
                X