Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot edit site title and description for link posts

Hi,

I am currently using Blog2Social Business and I can't edit the site title and description when creating a link posts for Facebook.

I've read the FAQ Page for "How do I share links and videos?" which clearly states that: "You may edit the site title or description by clicking the little pencil icon next to each." However this doesn't work and there is no pencil icon next to these boxes (only next to the URL)

Does anybody have a solution for this problem?

Hello culinarius,

Thank you for reaching out. I will gladly assist you with your request.

With Blog2Social you can edit the title and description of your own blog posts. You can do this by clicking on "Blog2Social -> Site & Blog Content" choosing a blog post you like to share and clicking on "Share on Social Media". Blog2Social will automatically write these information in the Open Graph (OG) Meta Tags for Title and Description of your blog post.

Click image for larger version

Name:	how-to-change-meta-tags-with-blog2social.PNG
Views:	40
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	4302

Please note: If this post has already been shared or scheduled previously, your current changes will also affect the look of previously shared or scheduled posts, as Facebook and other networks always refers to the current Open Graph meta tags information and automatically updated all existing posts.

If you like to share external links via the "Blog2Social -> Social Media Posts" function, the Open Graph Meta Tags are set by the website owner and cannot be adjusted.

Would you be so kind and send me the link of the FAQ you read the information? This way we can take a look into this and adjust informations to clarify this for other users too.

Feel free to get back to me if you have any further questions about Blog2Social.

Thanks and best regards.

Patricia

Comment

Hello Patricia,

thank you for your response!

Here's the link to the FAQ page: https://community.blog2social.com/he.../content_links

It wasn't clear to me that this function isn't available for Social Media Posts - maybe it would be good to clarify this in the future.

Best Regards

Comment

Hello culinarius,

Thank you for your reply and the link.

I checked the FAQ "How to share videos and links?" and noticed, that this FAQ is about how the board works so you can better deal with the functions within the community.
        You can find all guides about the Blog2Social plugin via the green FAQ button at the top on the right or via this link: https://www.blog2social.com/en/faq/
        This guide is about the Open Graph Tags and how to adjust them: What are open graph tags and what do I use them for?

Feel free to get back to me if you have any other questions about Blog2Social.

Best regards
        Patricia

Comment

Working...
        X