Manual Posting Works Auto Post Does Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual Posting Works Auto Post Does Not

Attempting to evaluate the plug-in for use and frankly, There are issues. I have an open one in the reddit forum and this one.
    I can manually post from the Wordpress site to a Facebook page. I can not do an auto-post though. It just sits in the queue saying it is ready to go. I have gone through setup and configuration steps posted in other topics on this section of the forum. I do have wordfence installed but I am not blocking any outbound connections that I know of and I do not see an area to whitelist. I am also behind cloudflare but that should not matter.

https://imgur.com/a/0ZLSELY

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

In some cases, this behavior is a result of a website environment that is lacking some resources or is the result of external WordPress optimization/security plugin settings by limiting the Blog2Social plugin requests that are performed in the WordPress environment.
    Please make sure that no external third-party plugin is blocking or limiting automatic functionality as well as external requests that are trying to access your website.

Would you please be so kind as to provide us with the generated troubleshooting-tool .txt logfile so I could look further into this for you?

You will find the Troubleshooting-Tool by following this path:
    Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social -> Help & Support -> Troubleshooting-Tool

Furthermore, if a post fails to be published successfully Blog2Social has a specific area in Blog2Social labeled “notifications” which shows a list of all posts that have failed to be shared. By clicking on details you can see an error notification related to the individual situation.

You can find it easily by following this path:
    Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social -> Site & Blog Content -> Notifications

Please be so kind as to provide us with a screenshot showing the individual notifications if available related to your request.
    Thank you for your understanding.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Hi Alexander. I put a screenshot in the previous message that shows the results of the troubleshooting tool. I edited out the URL of my site to the text file since this is public.
      There is nothing in the notification section. In the Instant Sharing section, there is an entry with this.

Wordfence is not blocking anything outbound, and it is set up in a completely normal out-of-the-box configuration for inbound. Like I said manual posting from the share posts section seems to work fine. (At least to the Facebook page, not 100% of other cases)

1 social media posts ready to be shared with the correct article that was supposed to fire on the 6th.

I do have my entire backlog sent to go out once a day for the next 25 days but I do not know if this is working as it starts today (I have no idea why it started today and not yesterday I assume that part is my fault)
      Last edited by Blog2Social Support; 06-09-2021, 07:07 AM. Reason: Removed the Log

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for providing the requested log.

I have removed it again to protect your privacy.

Please note that sharing content on a connected Facebook profile is different from sharing content to a Facebook page or Facebook group.

To ensure that communication on Facebook profiles remains at a personal level, Facebook has restricted automatic publication on personal Facebook profiles for all social media tools. To allow you to continue sharing content with your profile followers via Blog2Social, we provide you with Blog2Social Facebook Instant Sharing.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to work with the Instant Sharing function:
        How to share on Facebook Profiles with Facebook Instant Sharing

Regarding your auto-post issue, it would be awesome if you could provide us with a screenshot showing your Auto-Poster configuration.

Would you please be so kind as to additionally answer a few short questions so I could look further into this for you?
        Do you work with multiple WordPress users that should have access to premium functions like the auto-poster?

If yes, then it would be required to activate these WordPress users with your license key in order to grant them access to the premium features and functions.
        Please also note that WordPress users in Blog2Social can connect their own social media networks and configure their own settings in features like the Auto-Poster.

Please make sure to connect the same networks and configure the same settings for all WordPress users in question.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to configure and work with the Auto-Poster:
        How do I auto-post and auto-schedule blog posts on social media with the Social Media Auto-Poster?

If you work with only one account and can confirm that the auto-poster is correctly configured and the correct social media network profile group is selected or your main social media profiles are selected where the desired social media networks are saved you should be able to share content to these networks.

You could try to disable the mentioned security/optimization plugins within your WordPress environment temporarily in order to detect if they are causing this behavior.

If possible it would be awesome if you could provide us with a screen recording showing the process of auto-posting content on a social media network as well as showing the settings and connected networks.

You can gladly provide these files via a private message in the community or via an email to customer-service@blog2social.com in order to protect your privacy.

Best regards
        Alexander

Comment

For the record, this thread is much better support than the Reddit issue.

So instant sharing has that stuck post that made me start this issue thread.
          Today I was able to create a post and set up the auto-post in the WordPress post editor and it worked just fine. To a Facebook company page. (Maybe I should change to a group??)
          I also set it up to create a 1 post a day schedule to go through the entire backlog of posts. It is churning through these once a day.
          I have manually sent posts to my personal Facebook page without issue. But I have not automated it.

Now I do have 2 other authors. Well, sort of. They do not log in; I run the accounts and edit the material they send to me.I do this so they can have their own author information and by line.
          I have tried to send a manual share from one of their posts and it worked just fine. I have one scheduled to send later in the month using the re-share features. It has not gotten to it, but it is on the calendar. I have not tried to do an auto-post from the editor on one of their articles.

So from what I gather from your last message I will need to link them into blog2social using my API key for the auto-poster in the editor to work?

So I think we have a working system other than potentially having issues based on the authors and issues based on going to the profile timeline.
          The instant share post is indeed going to the profile not the page. So I think that might be the problem. I will check that support document.
          Last edited by Blog2Social Support; 06-10-2021, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for these additional details.

Also thanks for clarifying, the Instant-Sharing function in Blog2Social requires a semi-automatic process in relation to following Facebook's community rules.

If your post should be shared on the pre-configured schedule it will be moved to the "Instant-Sharing" tab in Blog2Social awaiting your manual share confirmation.
            Please note that the “Re-Share posts function” and the “Auto-Post function” in Blog2Social are different features and work separately from each other.

You can find useful information related to the Re-Share posts feature at:
            Re-share posts automatically

Regarding your Auto-Post configuration question:

Yes, since the Blog2Social license model is user-based, every user can connect his own social media connections and configure his own settings in the different features and functions of Blog2Social.

As the admin of a specific WordPress page, your Blog2Social user account in the plugin can configure additional settings.

The Blog2Social Business license offers additional team management functionality on the other hand which would allow you to assign and transfer settings as well as connected social media networks in Blog2Social.

It is possible to assign Auto-Post configurations to specific WordPress users that are activated with the same Blog2Social license key.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to configure and use the team management functionality in Blog2Social:
            User management: How to assign license keys and social network accounts to other users

All necessary steps are described in the section:
            Assign Social Network Accounts (Business version)

Please be so kind as to test assigning settings and social media connections to these other mentioned WordPress users if you would like to avoid adding social media connections for every user separately.

This process could save you time and effort in configurations for other WordPress users.
            Please retry sharing content on these users afterward to check the general functionality of Blog2Social.

Best regards
            Alexander

Comment

Working...
            X