Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto post of Vimeo link to Facebook doesn't pull in video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto post of Vimeo link to Facebook doesn't pull in video?

When creating a scheduled B2Social post to facebook with a vimeo reference, I'd expect the video to be on the facebook post and play in facebook. It' doesn't.
    Two things I've seen:

ONE: What I see is a "vimeo" general link. Didn't go to the video at all.
    TWO: Vimeo link. That then open in a new tab. Didn't play the video inline at all.

MANUAL FIX:
    To fix I had to open the FBook account and ADD the video (that I'd put the link to in the schedule post).

QUESTION:
    Is this expected functionalty that it's a link out to a new tab playing the video -- this moving the viewer outside of the facebook experience?
    Said another way: when adding a vimeo link ... what should the user experience be once it's auto-posted?

With this fix, I might as well use facebook scheduling ... it embeds the video. Blog2Social doesn't?

Hello Benita,

Thank you for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

Currently, it is possible to schedule and share video link posts with Blog2Social.

When you share a Vimeo link as a Video-Post Blog2Social automatically recognizes the video preview image as the post image and attaches the Vimeo url.
    By clicking that link the Vimeo video page will open in a new tab in the browser.

I will gladly add your suggestion to be able to insert an embedded Vimeo video in a Facebook post to our list for possible future developments.

If and when this requested functionality can be implemented in a future update of Blog2Social I will gladly contact you as soon as possible.
    Thank you for this feedback, it helps us continuously develop and improve Blog2Social.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.

I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Working...
    X