Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some posts have tags, but some do not, why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some posts have tags, but some do not, why?

Hi,

I use Re-share feature to schedule and share some posts on Diggo. However, it seems that some of the posts have tags, but some do not, see below(the latest 4 are shared via your plugin):

https://www.diigo.com/profile/datanumen

You can see "How to Recover Corrupt MS Excel Files" has not tags, but "The Importance of Data Recovery" does have some tags.

I guess that the tags are actually pull from the WordPress posts. So I go back and check the tags for posts, such as "How to Recover Corrupt MS Excel Files". But it does have many tags, as below:

Why the shared posts on Diigo does not have any tags?

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out.

Yes, you are correct. Blog2Social fetches your pre configured post tags and adds these tags as keywords in your social media posts. You can easily check if all your selected keywords are added properly by following the steps shown on the screenshots below.

Path:
    Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social dashboard -> Right sidebar, Re-Share Posts -> Queue

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Testpost on Diigo:

Please let me know if you have any further questions about Blog2Social.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

But the problem is that though my post has tags, the shared posts on Diigo does not have. It seems that manually re-shared posts will have tags, but those in queue and shared automatically will not have.

I think that is the reason why your re-share test works.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I proceeded with these steps for the test:
        1. I created a WordPress post with all mentioned tags.
        2. Then I added the specific post to the Re-Share Posts Queue.

Like shown on the screenshot you can click on details and then on edit next to the Diigo post to see that preview which tags were fetched as keywords for your Diigo post.

Would you be so kind to create a new post that should have five tags?

Please publish it on WordPress and then add it the Re-Share posts Queue by following this path:

Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social dashboard -> Right Sidebar, Re-Share Posts -> Add to Queue.

Please check then again if all keywords are correctly fetched in the preview like described.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Hi,

I have problem in queue a new test post. So I just show you a post that is already queued, as below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Diigo-Hashtags.png
Views:	102
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	660
          You can see there are 5 tags in the queued post. Then after it is posted on today(5:30 PM), I will show that Diigo list does not contain these 5 tags.

Comment

Hi,

Now the post is shared on Diigo, and again, there are no tags for it. See below:

Name:	Diigo-No-Tags.png
Views:	111
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	671

You can also see this in our profile page:

https://www.diigo.com/profile/datanumen

Thank you very much

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply and thank you for providing a screenshot.

This is an unusual behavior related to the WordPress post tags that should be shared as keywords in your shared post. Since you have mentioned that this problem does not occur on all posts and some tags are contained and others do not it is a bit tricky to be able to reproduce this case until a suitable solution can be found.

It would be awesome if you provide us with some more information:
              1. Were tags shared before that are not included in your posts? Even if you have added them?
              2. How long are your tags? And how many do you choose for your posts?
              3. Do you use tags on every post? Posting too many tags and too often could cause Diigo to mark your account as overusing tags.
              4. Is it possible for you to share a post on Diigo manually containing tags that were not shared with Blog2Social?

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Hi,

Actually this issue occurs with some rules:

1. All queued posts will NOT have tags after they are auto-shared.
                2. If I manually share a post, then it will have tags.

Answer your questions:

1. Were tags shared before that are not included in your posts? Even if you have added them?
                A: Now understand your question very well.

2. How long are your tags? And how many do you choose for your posts?
                A: I check some, the length are 12, 17, etc. And it seems that you will truncate the tags to a predefined limit(About 17).
                There are usually 10+ tags, but it seems that in the post, you will always limit the number to 5.

See below:

Name:	Diigo-Hashtags.png
Views:	124
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	694

3. Do you use tags on every post? Posting too many tags and too often could cause Diigo to mark your account as overusing tags.
                A: Yes, I use tags for every post.

4. Is it possible for you to share a post on Diigo manually containing tags that were not shared with Blog2Social?
                A: Yes, take the post in my yesterday's reply, I add the 5 tags(identical to those in the previous reply) manually without any problems:

Name:	Diigo-Manually-Add-Tags.png
Views:	85
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	695

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply and thank you for providing us a screenshot.

This is an unusual behavior related to the WordPress post tags that should be shared as keywords in your shared post. We would like to test this on your blog to support you as good as possible

If you like, send me a temporary guest account with admin rights for your blog if you want us to check it for you. We will, of course, treat your information as confidential. Rest assured we will use this data for tests only.

You can delete the account as soon as our tests are complete. Include the login URL, login name, and password for the account through a private message via the community, please.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Working...
                  X