Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Meta Data pulling through

Hi All, I hope someone can help.

I am on the Pro subscription, and use elementor as my editing platform for my Wordpress site, www.hockeywrldnws.com.

I am having some issues as over the last couple of months the meta data does not pull through, as you can see from the screenshots attached.

- Twitter, I have no data pulling through except the post content.
    - Instagram, image and post content, no link
    - Facebook, (profile, page, group) All has no data except post content, no image, of OG Meta Data
    - LinkedIN, Profile post is populated with post content and image only. Company page has no data except post content.

Can anyone shed any light? It's getting quite annoying and time-consuming having to put that data in, I might as well not have Blog2Social
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

Issues with Open Graph data are often caused by missing or conflicting metadata (open graph tags) in your website source code.
    The Blog2Social plugin and social media networks will always display the information they find in the source code of your post on your website.

I checked your website frontend source code and noticed that you currently have duplicated Open Graph values set by external Plugins like Search Engine Optimization by Rank Math.

Please note that duplicated Open Graph values should be always avoided in order to prevent any unwanted behavior.

Please make sure to only have one WordPress plugin implementing Open Graph meta-tags in your website source code. Otherwise, it is possible that social media networks will display no image, the wrong image, title or description in your social media posts unintentionally.

If you would like to configure this within Blog2Social, you can follow this instruction:

The following guides show you exactly how to check your source code and how to solve this:
    What are open graph tags and what do I use them for?
    Link Preview - Troubleshooting checklist and solutions for setting Open Graph Tags

Please be so kind as to check this configuration within the “Social Meta Data” settings in Blog2Social.

You can find it easily by following this path:
    Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social -> Settings-> Social Meta Data

Please be so kind to adjust this within your environment and let me know if this solution solved your request or if you require further assistance regarding this matter.

Thank you for your understanding.
    I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
    Alexander
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Many thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, this hasn't fixed anything.

As you can see from the source data it is only B2S that is generating OG tags on my posts.

The images and metadata appear for a second or so when I click to post and then disappear.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply and thanks for this feedback.

I can confirm now that the Open Graph tags that are implemented into a post on your site are from two different plugins, but it looks like that there are no duplicated OG parameters left.

This adjustment is correctly done on your side.

Since I was unable to reproduce this behavior on multiple clean test environments, it is likely that this behavior is caused by external security/optimization plugins which are currently active in your WordPress environment, which are blocking the automatic process of data extraction for the post preview mask.

Would you please be so kind as to provide us with the generated troubleshooting-tool .txt Log file so I could look further into this for you?

You will find the Troubleshooting-Tool by following this path:
        Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social -> Help & Support -> Troubleshooting-Tool

Please also be so kind as to provide us with a screenshot showing the individual conflicts, if available in the overview.
        You can send us the requested files and screenshots via a private message in the community in order to protect your privacy.

Thank you for your understanding.
        I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
        Alexander

Comment

Working...
        X