Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slows down Wordpress site

Hello:
    I am running a Wordpress site on latest version of Wordpress and PHP. My admin is slow to load, up to 15 seconds. My host identified the Blog2Post plugin as the problem. What can I do to prevent this? thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

You can always check the system requirements in our FAQ article by following this link: https://www.blog2social.com/en/faq/i...=58&artlang=en

You can turn on the Blog2Social Legacy Mode to reduce server load. In Legacy Mode, the plugin will load contents one after the other (asynchronous loading) instead of loading all at once. Some web hosting services also limit the number of outgoing connections. In this case, the Legacy Mode makes sure that connections to your social media accounts are loaded successively.

To activate Legacy Mode you can go to “Blog2Social -> Settings -> General -> System” and tick the box saying “activate Legacy Mode”.

Please let me know if this solution works for you. I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Hi,
      My problem is when I made changes in Blog2Social, my WP hang. And I have to refresh the browser. But then, I will lose all my changes.
      For example. I wanted to change the image for Pinterest. After clicking, apply image in this post, WP hang.
      Another example, I wanted to remove FB as my connected account as I no longer want to post my WP posts on FB. When I click the delete button, WP hang.

Please let me know why is this happening and how to fix it?

Thanks.
      Melinda

Comment

Hello Melinda,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thank you for describing the situation.

In general, Blog2Social works smoothly on web server environments that are matching the regular system requirements.

Since you have mentioned that your website is slowed while using the plugin you can easily turn a function called Legacy Mode. Whenever this function is activated it will reduce the server load.

In Legacy Mode, the plugin will load contents one after the other (asynchronous loading) instead of loading all at once. Some web hosting services also limit the number of outgoing connections. In this case, the Legacy Mode makes sure that connections to your social media accounts are loaded successively.

To activate Legacy Mode you can go to “Blog2Social -> Settings -> General -> System” and tick the box saying “activate Legacy Mode”.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to enable the Legacy Mode:

My Dashboard is freezing

Furthermore, you can always check the system requirements in our FAQ article by following this link:

System requirements for installing Blog2Social

Please let me know afterwards if this solution works for you. I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Hi Alexander,
          I gave it a few days to test it after enabling the legacy mode.
          When I wanted to change the image in my post, it still freezes.
          But it doesn't freeze when I change the text or change the time to post.
          Any ideas?

Thanks.
          Melinda

p.s. I gave the system requirements a read. But it's too technical for someone like me, so that didn't help me.

Comment

Hello Melinda,

Thank you so much for your feedback and thanks for your reply.

Your WordPress website seems to freeze because of a potential lack of server resources. I have checked your website and noticed that it has some performance difficulties even with the legacy mode enabled.

Please take a look at the following Screenshot of a Google page speed analysis:

You can always check this at:

https://developers.google.com/speed/...ndayeoh.com%2F

In general, it is recommended to increase your server performance by upgrading your hosting package where your website is hosted, So your server has more resources that can be used by your website to perform website and plugin-based functions.

You could try to reduce the size of your website images by compressing them, but please note that this solution is just a recommendation and is not guaranteed to work as expected because of lacking server performance.

We recommend to use an image compression tool on your website, such as:
            Smaller Images, Faster Sites, Happier Visitors. Comprehensive image optimization that doesn't require a degree in rocket science.

This will help you to compress uploaded images to an optimal size.

Please let me know if this works for you. I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Hi Alexander,
              Thanks very much for the insight! I'll give your recommendations a go. And update you once I have something.

Thanks.
              Melinda

Comment

Hello Meldina,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I am happy that I could give you some insights and assist you with your request.

Please let me know, if I can help you with any other questions about Blog2Social.

Alexander

Comment

Working...
                X