No announcement yet.

Is standard image definition for social media discarded? in repost / re-share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is standard image definition for social media discarded? in repost / re-share

Hello, how are you? I'm still doing the tests.

I was left with a doubt, once I set the images to social media, will they be saved forever?

When I allow scheduled posting, should the images defined on my first share be the same? or will you go back to the standard of the current post?

I did a test, and clicked to reshare, and the product image returned to the standard product image! and not the image from the first share.

Hello,
    Thank you so much for reaching out again.

We will check this for you and get back to you as soon as we have new information.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Hi any news?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for your patience.

No, social media images are not saved forever. Social media images depend on the chosen post type and the corresponding post og meta tags. For more information, please have a look at our FAQ article about: “Social Media Post Formats - The differences between Image Post and Link Post”.

Furthermore, you can find detailed information about og meta tags in the FAQ “What are open graph tags and what do I use them” for?

Yes, your original product image is always the standard product image when you share a product as an image post. If you share it as a link post, Blog2Social will use the image you changed before, as the image has been written in your meta tags as the og:image. This will enable you to use the changed image without fetching the original product image like it is automatically done with the image post type. If you want to reshare your product with the set image in the og meta tags instead of sharing the woocommerce product image, please choose the link post format.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about Blog2Social.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

I'm sharing my posts as Images and not Links, in which case the OG tags are irrelevant! Is not it?

I go there and define images with appropriate dimensions for each social media! I share! everything is shipped perfectly.

If I want to republish that same post, I need to define the images again.

This is what I would like the plugin to improve on, once the image configuration for that post is done, any other time in the future that I will publish that post on social media "as image format", I will upload the information from the last share "as image format".

I think that would be what the draft does! but I need it automatically and not as a draft.

Can you do that?
          Last edited by Cap Luis; 06-25-2020, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Hello,
            thank you for reaching out.
            Have you tried to shedule the posts in advance while preparing the first post? Then Blog2Social should use the right pictures?
            Best
            Andreas

Comment

No, I didn't do it that way, I didn't schedule posts, does it work as I want? I will do a test on this. Schedule with the correct images. But once I have a lot of items to schedule I need to change a very wide range of images, and if I change to the schedule, and add other posts, the posts from the first schedule that have now been deleted from the second schedule will save the image settings and description? I think not. Somehow I must save everyone as a draft and always look for the draft to get this information correctly.

It would still be good to prepare posts and once everything has been defined every time that "setup" is shared it is ideal for publishing, and if I change anything the changes should be the new publication setup. So the ideal image will always be there, as you do with the OG tags for links.

That would be ideal for me, this should not be ideal for everyone.

Again your PLUGIN is very good! only that detail is an issue for me.

in summary i would like to have a setup for each post, with the correct images and description, and when: reshare this in the future, or reschedule this in the future. The preset images are still the same as my ideal setup. for that post.

Comment

Hello,
                "in summary i would like to have a setup for each post, with the correct images and description, and when: reshare this in the future, or reschedule this in the future. The preset images are still the same as my ideal setup. for that post."

Thank you for that suggestion. I'll add that to our todo list.
                In the meantime, you can resolve your requirements as described. Either you shedule your posts via calender when you write your first post or you save your posts as drafts, so you can use them in the future...
                Thank you for your compliment to Blog2Social!
                It would be greatly delighted, if you could leave us a 5-star rating on WP.
                https://wordpress.org/support/plugin...iews/?filter=5

Best regards,
                Andreas

Comment

Working...
                X