Blog2Social Plugin Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blog2Social Plugin Issue

Starting Friday, blog 2social backend isn't displaying any info correctly, all other plugins on site look normal yet.

Made sure everything was up to date, and tried clearing site cache.

It's effecting all blog to social sections, but nothing else?

Here are quick shots of the dashboard, calendar, and help page to show the display problems.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dashboard.PNG
Views:	106
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	2154

Name:	calendar.PNG
Views:	112
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	2155

Name:	help.PNG
Views:	96
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	2156

Tried using the troubleshooting tool, but it's hard to even read the output

Name:	output.PNG
Views:	97
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	2157

Hello John,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thank you for providing these screenshots.
    Please note that I have tested Blog2Social for you and so far was not able to reproduce this issue.

Therefore it is likely that another external WordPress plugin within your website is causing such an incompatibility.
    Please be so kind as to provide us with the generated troubleshooting tool log .txt file in order to be able to look further into this for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

I have no button to download the log.

I barely even have a reload button (circled in red)

Name:	reload.PNG
Views:	88
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	2162

Is there a spot in the file structure I can go and copy it out of with an ftp client (FileZilla)?

Comment

Hello John,

Thank you so much for your reply.

It is possible that an installation issue occurred in the Blog2Social Plugin on your website.

Would you please be so kind and remove Blog2Social from your WordPress installation?
        Afterward, you can reinstall Blog2Social from the regular WordPress plugin repository. This should solve the issue that is occurring on your website.

Thank you for your understanding.

Please be so kind and let me know afterward if this solution solved your request or if you require further assistance in this case.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

I can try that but it has been working good for just over a month, it just started doing this last week.

Comment

Update
            Before uninstalling / reinstalling, I updated 2 items on the site, WP Rocket, and Nextgen Gallery.
            I purged page cache in WP Rocket, and checked blog2social, it's back to looking just like normal.

Not sure if something in a previous version of one of these two was causing issues, or something messed up in the page cache.

I'm attaching the support download, not sure if it will help you figure out what happened?
            Last edited by Blog2Social Support; 02-18-2021, 10:20 AM. Reason: We have removed the log file to protect your privacy.

Comment

Hello John,

Thank you so much for your reply and thanks for your feedback.

Please note that no general issues are known in Blog2Social with similar behavior.

If Blog2Social worked as intended before and things broke as soon as you updated an external third-party plugin it is always recommended to clear your website cache in your optimization plugins like WP Rocket.

This behavior is not caused by Blog2Social and is related to your individual WordPress-wide configurations and adjustment in external plugins which always should be checked after updating plugins.

Furthermore, it would be possible to reset the updated version of WordPress plugins via a rollback plugin to try to continue working with Blog2Social.
              There are several plugins available in the WordPress plugin repository, e.g. https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-rollback/.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about Blog2Social.

If you like Blog2Social and our support, we would be very happy about a 5-star rating on WordPress.org.
              Link: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin...iews/?filter=5

Thank you very much and best regards

Alexander

Comment

Working...
              X