Configuring Twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuring Twitter

I am very new to Blog2Social, am currently testing on the free version but am very impressed. I read in the instructions that if you use TAGS in your blog the Blog2Social will use the TAG to make a Hashtag for Twitter and Facebook.

I went to my Blog and added a few Tags to test. No problem with Facebook, when I select share post and Blog2social shows the page to post for both Twitter and Facebook. Facebook shows a Hashtag but the Twitter does not. What am I missing? Clearly I want hashtags on Twitter as well

Hello Norm,

Thank you so much for your reply and thanks for this feedback.

In order to allow Blog2Social to add Hashtags from your preset tags in a WordPress post, automatically into a post, Blog2Social implemented a specific option/variable inside the network post templates.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to configure and work with post-templates in Blog2Social:
    How to use post templates for social media posts?

Section: Twitter

You can then edit the content of your post by simply moving the variables (Title, excerpt, content, keywords) via drag and drop into the comment field.

Variable: “Keywords”:
    Automatically converted from the tags you have set in your post.

Please have a look at the following screenshot as a reference:

Regarding your Firewall and your Wordfence questions:
    If you use an additional Firewall, please make sure that your settings allow outgoing connections or include an exception or whitelisting for Blog2Social.

In general, you should make sure to avoid limiting the Blog2Social plugin with external WordPress optimization or security plugins that are active in your WordPress installation or set in your server environment.

One possible solution is to adjust your settings within these plugins or disable them temporarily in order to allow Blog2Social to work as intended.

Please note that some plugins do permanent changes to databases where a simple plugin deactivation is no fix of the occurring issue and requires to be fixed by WordPress experts since every WordPress plugin can work differently.

Proper access is often blocked by installed security plugins or additional firewalls on the server-side as well.

You may try to unblock our IPs:

Server location: Germany
    IPv4: 176.28.35.48
    IPv6: 2a01:488:42:1000:b01c:2330:2:7557

Please be so kind as to try to whitelist your own server IP as well in order to allow automatic curl processes. Some settings still seem to block the automatic actions.

Please note that the access to your site to read the Open Graph parameters by social media networks or other established connections also could be blocked out by your external configuration.

Social media networks can try to access your Open Graph parameter values and your website for post submission from various origins.

In general, it is not recommended blocking out entire countries. This typically limits the functionality within WordPress plugins.
    Please let me know as soon as you have adjusted the mentioned steps, or please let me know as soon as you have adjusted your hosting environment.

Thank you for your understanding.
    I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me on this issue. As you can see, right now I am running the free version to test this product so I do not have the ability to modify the post template but both the Twitter and FB post templates have {CONTENT} {KEYWORDS} in the default post template but are organized as shown below The FB works (adds the hashtags to the post automatically) but Twitter does not.

Default Template shows

FB shows

{CONTENT}
      {KEYWORDS}

Twitter shows

{CONTENT} {KEYWORDS}

The only difference is FB has {CONTENT} {KEYWORDS} on two lines whereas Twitter has {CONTENT} {KEYWORDS} on the same line. Remember these are the defaults provided in the FREE version, I am not sure if how they are configured makes a difference.

Sorry, I tried to upload an image captured from the screen, saved it as a png file but your system says the system had timed out and I was logged out, very strange.

Comment

As i mentioned your test tool says there is a conflict still with wordfence, I have added the IP's to the white list and removed country blocking per your recommendations. No change, your troubleshooting tool still reports there is a conflict but gives no indication as to what the conflict is.

Comment

Originally posted by Nstokes View Post
          As i mentioned your test tool says there is a conflict still with wordfence, I have added the IP's to the white list and removed country blocking per your recommendations. No change, your troubleshooting tool still reports there is a conflict but gives no indication as to what the conflict is.
          Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks your reply and thanks for this feedback.

I will recheck this case based on your information and provided values for the post templates.
          Rest assured, as son as new information will be available, we will contact you as soon as possible.

It would be awesome if you could send us a temporary guest account with admin rights for your WordPress website, if you would like us to check this case further.
          We will, of course, treat your information as confidential. Rest assured, we will use this data for tests only.

You can delete the account as soon as our tests are complete.
          Please be so kind as to include the login URL, login name and password.

Make sure to provide us with these details via a private message in the community in order to protect your privacy.

Thank you for your understanding and your effort.
          I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
          Alexander

Comment

Working...
          X