Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Users and Social Media Connection

Hi,
    i'm am the webdesigner of a site and want to use the Auto Poster and explain it to my customer.

We both have different accounts for Wordpress. He bought a 5 x License from Blog2Social and entered the Social Media Network Connections to Facebook and Instagram in your plugin within wordpress. He can see these connections as a pro user in Wordpress, i can't see them (also pro user). I think this is, because we use different users (aministrators) in Wordpress!?

He wants to protect his privacy and won't give me the logins for social media to connect, which is totally understandable. Is there a way to transfer the settings from one user to another, without being able to see his login data? I need to try the auto poster, to be able to explain it to him.

Or is it possible that he gives me the role of an editor in both Facebook and Instagram, so i can use this data to connect Social Media to WP?

best regards,
    thank you
    Martin

Hello Martin,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

Please note that Blog2Social works user-based. Every regular WordPress user is a Blog2Social Free user unless you activate them individually with your license key.

You are able to configure individual settings for each WordPress user in Blog2Social that is activated with your license key individually. Also, every user can connect his own social media networks.

With the Business license of Blog2Social it is possible to use advanced team management functions, for example to easier assign settings, license keys and social media connections to other WordPress users that are activated with the same Business license key.

Please also have a look at the pricing page of Blog2Social, there you will find a detailed overview about which features and functions are included in the individual licenses of Blog2Social.

You will find it at:
    https://www.blog2social.com/en/pricing/

Regarding your request:
    The website owner would be required to upgrade to the Blog2Social Business license in order to be able to transfer/assign already connected social media network connections, as well as Auto-Poster configuration in Blog2Social.

Or it would be required for the website owner to login into your WordPress user account and connect these social media network connections individually if he would prefer not sharing the required access credentials in order to protect his privacy.

Please note that Auto-Poster configuration is required to be configured individually without the Business license and the team management/assign features.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to use the extended Team management functions in Blog2Social:
    User management: How to assign license keys and social network accounts to other users

Section: Assign Social Network Accounts (Business version)

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.

I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Are you saying that each user can only publish his own posts to social media? In other words, the only way one Smart account can publish all users is if all posts use a single author?

If that is the case, it is absolutely not clear in your website content, especially the sales page. If this is the way it works, I am requesting an immediate refund.

Comment

Originally posted by djsparks View Post
        Are you saying that each user can only publish his own posts to social media? In other words, the only way one Smart account can publish all users is if all posts use a single author?

If that is the case, it is absolutely not clear in your website content, especially the sales page. If this is the way it works, I am requesting an immediate refund.
        Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

I think there is a little misunderstanding. If you would like to Auto-Post newly published content from each of your WordPress users, then it is required to enable each WordPress user with your purchased license key from Blog2Social.

Every WordPress user can configure his own configuration, networks, and settings in Blog2Social.

By purchasing the Business license of Blog2Social, you would also gain access to extended user management functions which would allow you to transfer configured settings (Auto-Poster) as well as connected networks to other WordPress users that are also activated with your Business license key so they can avoid configuring settings and connect networks.

Regarding your question:

You should consider working with the “Re-Share posts automatically” feature in Blog2Social.
        In there, you can filter Posts that are from other Authors and add them to your work queue.

Please have a look at the following screenshot as a reference:

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to configure and work with the Re-Share posts feature in Blog2Social:
        Re-share posts automatically

This enables you to also share content from other WordPress users that were not published by the same author in your WordPress environment.

If you still prefer to continue with any refund request, you should reach out to “customer-service@blog2social.com” with your request so the corresponding department can support you with your request.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.

Best regards
        Alexander

Comment

Thanks for your answer. Re-sharing is certainly something different than the initial sharing on social media. It befuddles me that your company thinks it helpful to even make this plugin work in the way you have described--such that each Wordpress user needs his own license, can only connect his own social media accounts, and can only share his own posts.

There is a big jump from $90 per year for the Smart plan to the $348 per year Business plan. So much for trying to use your tool and support your work. You are no clear in your marketing--or in this support forum--about how the Smart plan has this limitation. In trying to upsell to the Business plan, you have created an intermediate product that is useless.

I will be following up with the refund request.

Comment

Originally posted by djsparks View Post
            Thanks for your answer. Re-sharing is certainly something different than the initial sharing on social media. It befuddles me that your company thinks it helpful to even make this plugin work in the way you have described--such that each Wordpress user needs his own license, can only connect his own social media accounts, and can only share his own posts.

There is a big jump from $90 per year for the Smart plan to the $348 per year Business plan. So much for trying to use your tool and support your work. You are no clear in your marketing--or in this support forum--about how the Smart plan has this limitation. In trying to upsell to the Business plan, you have created an intermediate product that is useless.

I will be following up with the refund request.

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply and thanks for this feedback.

First of all I would like to clarify, as the administrator of your WordPress envrionment you are able to share all content of your website.

All pages and posts created by other authors are also sharable for you as the Administrator role.
            Authors/Editors in your WordPress envrionment are able to share their own content.

The functionality to Re-Share post also enables you to share content that was never shared on social media before. It differs from the feature of the Auto-Poster which is triggered as soon as a page/post is published or updated within WordPress.

Regarding your notice to switch from Smart to Business:
            This is not necessary if you are not requiring these features and functions, which are available in the Business license.

You are still able to use the Auto-Poster as well as the Re-share posts automatically feature in Blog2Social. But you only have 2 activation slots in a Smart subscription, and you mentioned that you have other users/authors. If these users also should have access to these functions, they need to be activated with your license key.

With the Smart license you would be able to enable one more of your users and this user is required to set up his own settings for the Auto-Poster or Re-Share posts automatically feature. The Pro license of Blog2Social would grant you with more features, functions and lifted limits as well as a larger amount of users that can be activated.

The Business license enables you to use all of Blog2Socials features and functions, which would also include the mentioned user management to transfer and assign Auto-Poster settings.

You can find a detailed list of all individual features, functions and limits included for each of the licenses at:
            https://www.blog2social.com/en/pricing/

Regarding your request:
            The initial sharing on social media is available for all of your users. Every user that is not activated with your license key is a Free Blog2Social user unless you decide to enable them with your purchased key in relation to your license type and the available slots.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to share posts from other users/authors/editors on your website with Blog2Social:
            How do I share posts from other users/authors/editors on my website?

Please be so kind as to describe more detailed with how many Administrators, Authors/Editors and other User Roles you are working in your WordPress envrionment so I could explain you more detailed which workflow you could accomplish with the Smart subscription if you still have any other questions about Blog2Social.

Best regards
            Alexander

Comment

Working...
            X